CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

38 weeks and counting the days

That is because I don't have to wait until August 14 for Alex to arrive. At my last doctor's appointment, she told me she was going to induce me. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!! If little Alex doesn't come by Tuesday night on his own, I get to go in at 7:30 am Wednesday. YES!!!! The doctor did ask me how big my other children were when they were born. I told her they were both around 7 pounds, then I asked her "how big is he?" She tells me she thinks he's going to be a little bigger. Great, thinking to myself. Please pray I don't have to have C-Section. I want to go back to work the first week of school. Roland thinks the doctor is betting on that I come earlier than Wednesday, but truthfully I don't know what to think except for all the pain I'm still having. I'm still having contractions and now I'm having ligament pains, (man does it really hurt to walk). I'd rather be having contractions than ligament pains. Ligament pains lasted about 3 hours; pain scale: 7. The drugs finally kicked in but still had pain; scale: 2. At least my contractions come and go and then they go away when I take a sleeping pill and go to bed. I'm always afraid that if I take a sleeping pill, I'll miss my water breaking and actually give birth at home, but I was proved wrong last night. Had some major contractions in the middle of night which woke me up. I just realized I really needed to pee, then the contractions stopped.
So I guess now it's just a waiting game. I really hate waiting!!!

0 comments: