CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Decided to do things this way!

I got this idea from Renee Blackwell (my sister in-law), I'm always looking forward to her post about Pierce, so I decided that I would give updates on Andrew and Alexis this way, since for some reason I can't go to Wal-Mart, get pictures printed, get the pictures sorted to all of Roland's and mine family members and mailed off, with some little note inside. (SORRY)!

Recent things on the kids:

Andrew:
He just finished summer school. For those who don't know Andrew is being kept back a year in school. Andrew is a little slow in math, reading and speech. He has been going to a speech therapist at his school. He is doing a wonderful job, but his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Daiberl thought it would be best to keep him back, plus they have standards to past Kinder, and Andrew didn't pass. I think now and in the future kids will have to past a college exam just to get out of High School.

Alexis:
Alexis is now 2 years old (May 30th). SHE is Miss Independence and doesn't want any help from anybody, and when she does let you help her, she just gets upset that you did. Right now, everything is hers and she loves telling Andrew: MINE! MINE! MINE! and then Andrew comes and tells me that he had it first. I have to tell him that Alexis doesn't understand that, and just to give it to her, she drops whatever Andrew had that she wanted in about five minutes anyway,
plus She's mommy's little helper: she helps me take out the garbage and recyclables (Andrew does too and he get the mail as well, which of course Alexis gets upset at that, she can't quiet reach the mailbox), helps feed the outdoor cats, put up the groceries (mostly she just hands them to me, while I put them up) and helps put the dishes in the dishwasher or takes them out when their done.

Both the kids will be going to Marixa's home daycare for the summer. That is where I have Alexis going. Andrew loves going there. Marixa has a 7 year old son that Andrew plays with and Andrew does love playing with the other kids there. There is a little girl that will ask me "Where's Andrew?" when I'd go and pick up Alexis if Andrew wasn't with me. I think Andrew has a girlfriend. Marixa will also be tutoring Andrew while the little one's are taking a nap. I don't think Roland and I have to worry about Alexis's speech, since she's talking already.

A few of Lexi's words: (That is what she is called there at the daycare since there is a little boy named Alex there)

What's this?
Where's Andrew?
Gizmo
Cat food
Mommy
Daddy
Bye bye (and is waving her hand at whatever she's saying it to)
YES!
Mine!

There are lots other, but I can't remember what they are.
And if your wondering about the word "No" she won't say it; she shakes her no and points her finger at you and gives you a sound that you know that it means "No"

Well I think I'm done for now, here are some pictures of the kids:

Alexis didn't really like our singing of Happy Birthday to her.

Both kids loved the Birthday Cake!

Andrew and Alexis enjoying our backyard pool

Andrew at a friends birthday pool party.
Andrew mostly stayed in the big pool with his friends.

Miss Alexis helping daddy put on sunscreen on his head

And here are a just a few of my favorites:

Andrew and Alexis trying to help Bear get out of Nana's pond. On a few occasion both kids almost joined Bear in the pond. (Bear finally got out by himself)

Well I think that is about it. I don't know if I'll have as many post as Renee or pictures but I will try.

PS- If your wondering about Roland and me, we're both doing fine. Roland is still out working at USAA and I'm still at my part-time job (7:30-2:30) (great for when Andrew is in school, I'm at the house when he gets off the bus) that I started in November. I work for Alderson & Associates, Inc. They're a consulting engineer company. I was hired to answer the phones, except for some reason I don't. They want me to leave the phones on night. Mostly I do a lot of editing on specs (specifications) on projects. And when I mean a lot of editing, I mean a lot. Think of a stack of papers that have about over 1000 pages that have mechanical , electrical and plumbing edits that I have to do. All the specs and drawings (which I don't have to worry about) have to go out on a certain day. Guess when I get the edits? Sometimes a week before they have to go out and then sometimes I get them 3 days before they out (talk about pressure), and sometimes I have specs on two different projects (now talk about not getting them confused) but at least there is someone there in the afternoon to help.

Well NOW I think I'm done. I've got some critters looking at me since it's past their dinnertime.
(AND I'm not talking about the kids.) =)

0 comments: