CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 8, 2008

So What Does Everyone Think?

So what do you think? I wanted something different. It only took me three or was it four days to find what I wanted. I really wanted want some dragons or wolves or even some roses for the back round, but I couldn't really find any I really like and I wanted some that did 3 columns but I couldn't find a back round that would let me do that. Actually I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I'm tired of trying things out and sitting at my laptop on my couch (oh wait it's a futon, which is more than a recliner than anything with about 10 pillows on it, just so I can sit up and that way my butt doesn't hurt as well), plus it's been a long weekend.

Roland has volunteered at work for the ICU program. That stands for Internal CAT Unit. (CAT standing for Catastrophic) It's to take claims from the hurricane. For the next two weeks Roland will be working 7am-7pm 7 days a week. :( Sad for Roland, me and the kids, but GREAT for our budget and bills. And if the hurricanes keep up on what they are doing, Roland might be doing it for the next two months!! I don't know if I want the hurricanes to keep it up or pray we won't get another one after Hurricane Ike. That's just really sad isn't? Andrew has noticed that Roland isn't home as much and does ask if he's at work on the weekends and when he's getting home. Little girl on the other hand hasn't really notice except on the weekends.

I took the kids to church on Saturday, Andrew goes to service for children, then a bible study after wards. He seems to really enjoy it. Alexis is in the daycare and cried when I left her. Well Roland showed up for the adult bible study and when it was over, we went and got Andrew and was very excited to see daddy, then we went and got Alexis, she saw me first and just started to wine, but then she saw Roland and started screaming. I joked with the women watching Alexis and told them that "If Alexis could talk, she say that I left her there all by herself with no one to play with". Then when we were leaving Alexis didn't want to go in my truck, but Roland's. (Andrew went in my truck) We both stop at HEB to get some stuff and then Roland puts her in my truck without Andrew (he went in daddy's truck), and she screams at the top of her lungs. It's only five minutes to the house from HEB, but man that was the longest five minutes sitting at two lights just to get to the house. Seemed like about twenty to me.

My work has been slow, even with me picking up Hector's work that he did in the afternoon. Sometimes it's slow and some hours it's busy, but the busy hours don't last very long. I've got a new job of dropping off drawings, specs and submittals, but at least the locations I have to drive too are close by. It only takes me fifteen minutes going to and coming back from. I thought about walking, but it would help if I had a longer lunch, some tennis shoes and if it wasn't so hot, but hey at least I sometime get out of the office. The only thing I really want at work is a key, so I can into the office. Most of the guys get at the office about 7 am to 7:15, but not on Friday's. Friday's hours are from 8-12, but since I have to get Andrew at the bus stop by 6:55 am there is no point in me going back to house with little girl and waiting 10 to 15 minutes to leave, but then traffic sucks even more and I'd rather just skip that. Most of my co-workers tell me to just sit in my car a take a little nap. Take a little nap? Done that before, woke up late and been late for work and plus it's hot since I don't run the A/C in my truck (gas monster eater); I'd rather go into the office and sleep at my desk or surf the net until 8, that way I can have my fan on me, and cool off. Other than that, everything is A OK. It's
getting late so I'm not going to post any pictures (I don't think I have any new ones anyway) I really need to organize my pictures, but that mean sitting weird at the make shift desk I made for my laptop. My laptop is sitting on a foot stool that sits on top of the futon. Hey at least I'm not on the floor. =)

0 comments: