CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School...Hard for one.....

Today was Andrew's first day of school. I don't know if he was excited or not, but I do know that he has been bugging me for the last two weeks when school was going to start, and didn't like the answer of "in a few weeks or days". He just didn't want to go to Alexis's daycare at all, he wanted to go to school. BUT I don't think Miss Alexis wanted school to start. This was the scene today when we left the house for the bus stop:
We get to the bus stop, Andrew gets out of the car and so do I, just to make sure there aren't any cars coming, so Andrew can cross the street. Alexis starts crying. After a while, she settles down, because where she sits in my car, she can see the kids standing at the bus stop. So she is now happy to watch Andrew and the other kids wait for the bus, until the bus shows up. She starts crying again, I laugh and take off to drop her off. While at the light leading out of the neighborhood, there is another bus, (it's not Andrew's bus but Alexis doesn't know that). When the light turns green, the bus turns right, I go left, she starts crying again. I laugh again and tell her that everything is all right. I give her a pacifier to calm her. She is okay until we turn on the street to her babysitters. She starts crying again, and doesn't want to get out of the car. When I'm carrying her to the door, she is whimpering and has her face into my shoulder and doesn't want to go to Marixa, but Alexis finally goes to her, and I leave. When I picked her up from daycare, she was little sleepy from her nap, but everything was okay and she was fine at the daycare, didn't even notice that Andrew wasn't there. We get home, and we wait for Andrew's bus to show up. Big mistake on my part, since I forgot that it was the first day of school and buses will ALWAYS be late and will be late for the rest of the week. (WARNING FOR FUTURE PARENTS with kids riding the bus.) We waited out side for thirty minutes (well I did) Alexis was smart enough to go back inside and watch TV. (MAN-Texas weather is hot and it sucks, but hey at least it wasn't RAINING! :) )
Alexis was very happy when Andrew came in the door. They both started watching TV, while I did some chores, and now they are both back to their old self again. Do I hear fighting going on?
Got to go....I won't have any pictures this time, maybe next time.

0 comments: